Craft requires the following:
- PHP 5.3.0 or later with safe mode disabled
- MySQL 5.1.0 or later, with the InnoDB storage engine installed
- A web server (Apache, Nginx, IIS)
- A minimum of 32MB of memory allocated to PHP
- A minimum of 20MB of free disk space
- A minimum of 1MB of database space
If you’re using MySQL 5.7.5+, give this a read and save yourself a headache.
Required PHP Extensions
Craft requires the following PHP extensions to be enabled:
- Reflection Extension
- PCRE Extension
- SPL Extension
- PDO Extension
- PDO MySQL Extension
- Mcrypt Extension
- GD Extension with FreeType Support (unless ImageMagick Extension is installed)
- OpenSSL Extension
- Multibyte String Extension
- JSON Extension
- crypt() with BLOWFISH_CRYPT enabled
Optional PHP Extensions
- DOM Extension - Used to parse RSS feeds.
- iconv Extension – Adds support for more character encodings than PHP’s built-in mb_convert_encoding() function, which Craft will take advantage of when converting GET and POST request parameters to UTF-8.
- ImageMagick Extension – Adds animated GIF support to Craft, and preserves 8-bit and 24-bit PNGs when creating image transforms, rather than converting them to 32-bit.
- SimpleXML - Required if you will be using S3.
If you’re unsure about whether your server meets the minimum requirements, just try installing Craft anyway. If there’s an issue, the installer will let you know!
Required MySQL User Privileges
The MySQL user you tell Craft to connect with must have the following privileges:
CP Browser Requirements
Craft’s control panel requires a modern browser:
Windows and OS X
- Chrome 29 or later
- Firefox 28 or later
- Safari 9.0 or later
- Internet Explorer 11 or later
- Microsoft Edge
- iOS: Safari 9.1 or later
- Android: Chrome 4.4 or later
Craft’s CP browser requirements have nothing to do with your actual website. If you’re a glutton for punishment and want your website to look flawless on IE 6, that’s your choice.